LIFE & LIVELIHOOD
“Life and Livelihood is how we keep the “lively” in our hood.”
Cooper Thornton, Actor, Life & Livelihood facilitator
Finding themselves suddenly unemployed, underemployed, or lacking job security, many in our community feel marginalized, disenfranchised, ashamed or invisible.
Life & Livelihood (L&L) is an initiative of empowerment, addressing the issues we face as a result of job loss, underemployment or the additional pressures placed upon workers who remain employed, and engaging all parts of our community to move from passive participation in our economic downturn to proactive engagement in our future by:
• Articulating the employment crisis from the inside out,
• Providing direct spiritual and practical support to people experiencing employment related stress and suffering,
• Presenting opportunities for matching job seekers with community employers,
• Fostering deeper friendship and community consciousness,
• Incubating new and sustainable entrepreneurial pathways, and
• Sparking legislative initiatives for effective economic justice, action and richer civic engagement.
Our goal is to minimize the stultifying effects that unemployment and underemployment have on our community-at-large and members of our parish. L&L members are actively engaged in creating inclusive ministries that assist everyone from young adults just starting their careers to senior professionals.
Through spirituality, community and seeking justice, Life & Livelihood provides healing, education, networking, advocacy and empowerment to those who are struggling with everyday life in the workplace and beyond.
Please turn to your All Saints family if you:
- need support for a change in livelihood, either by choice of by circumstance.
- need support for the repercussions of a change in livelihood.
L&L ministries offer access to:
• L&L Groups - Providing group support, mentoring and community to people experiencing transition to a new stage of career and life, either by choice or circumstance. Groups meet every Monday, 7 p.m., and every Tuesday, 7:15 a.m.
• Pastoral Care - Pastoral support to individuals in crisis
• Lay Counseling - Spiritual guidance for those experiencing the depression of unemployment or underemployment, and other stressful life events such as divorce, death of a loved one, or relationship conflicts.
• Vocational Journeys - Practical support in the fundamentals of resume building, networking, job seeking, and interviewing, and community resources, including guest speakers and workshops
• Job Board and Talent Bank - Actively creating opportunities for talented parishioners to connect with jobs or career opportunities in the community (Coming Soon)
• Financial guidance - Assessing realistic avenues to prepare for financial contingencies
• Time banking - Parishioners freely giving an hour of service for an hour of help in a multitude of fields
• Peace and Justice Ministries - Creating ways to inform our legislators that economic justice is of critical concern to the community and the nation.
• L&L Mentoring and Volunteerism – Involving highly engaged current and former ASC corporate leaders to mentor, support and assist Life & Livelihood members in obtaining employment
See the Life & Livelihood Resources Page
The Life & Livelihood Jobs Board and Talent Board are coming soon.