LIFE & LIVELIHOOD: Managing Life Transitions
L&L Groups —Providing group support, mentoring and community to people experiencing transition to a new stage of career and life, either by choice or circumstance. The L&L meetings take place the first and third Monday nights of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Small Lounge, and on the second and fourth Tuesday mornings of the month at 7:15 a.m. in the Seminar Room.
“Life and Livelihood is how we keep the “lively” in our hood.”
Cooper Thornton, Actor, Life & Livelihood participant
Finding themselves suddenly unemployed, underemployed, or lacking job security, many in our community feel marginalized, disenfranchised, ashamed or invisible.
Life & Livelihood (L&L) is an initiative of empowerment, managing life transitions, and addressing the issues we face as a result of job loss, underemployment, the additional pressures placed upon workers who remain employed, and engaging all parts of our community to move from passive participation in our economic downturn to proactive engagement in our future by:
• Articulating the employment crisis from the inside out,
• Providing direct spiritual and practical support to people experiencing employment related stress and suffering,
• Fostering deeper friendship and community consciousness,
At All Saints, Life and Livelihood encourages proactive engagement in addressing issues encountered in life transitions. At each meeting, a facilitator leads a discussion on what has transpired in participants’ lives during the past week. Often exercises are designed to build communication, networking and social skills. Participants agree to respect the confidentiality of all that is said in the meetings.
Those who participate include: young adults; mid-career adults; the underemployed; those facing retirement; the unemployed; people with financial stress, and more.
Through spirituality, community and seeking justice, Life & Livelihood provides healing, education, networking, advocacy and empowerment to those who are struggling with everyday life in the workplace and beyond.
Please turn to your All Saints family if you:
—need support for a change in livelihood, either by choice of by circumstance.
—need support for the repercussions of a change in livelihood.
L&L ministries offer access to:
• Pastoral Care —Pastoral support to individuals in crisis
• Lay Counseling—Spiritual guidance for those experiencing the depression of unemployment or underemployment, and other stressful life events such as divorce, death of a loved one, or relationship conflicts.
• Financial guidance—Assessing realistic avenues to prepare for financial contingencies
• Peace and Justice Ministries—Creating ways to inform our legislators that economic justice is of critical concern to the community and the nation.
• L&L Mentoring and Volunteerism—Involving highly engaged current and former ASC corporate leaders to mentor, support and assist Life & Livelihood members in obtaining employment
See the Life & Livelihood Resources Page