The All Saints Jazz Vespers program brings together amazing musicianship and holy inspiration six times a year for a service of prayer, meditation and music. Over the years our sanctuary has been blessed by Billy Childs, Alan Broadbent and Shelly Berg, Alan Pasqua, Bill Cunliffe and Holly Hofmann, Walter Smith III, John and Gerald Clayton and too many first-class musicians to list.
So many of them tell us that they love playing in the context of a vespers service with prayers and short meditations and the sense that this is a holy enterprise, not just a jazz concert in the church. For more on jazz as holy work, read Christina Honchell’s reflection God Leaps In.
Jazz Vespers are held in the church on Sunday evenings at 5:00 p.m. We gather in the intimacy of the Chancel for an extraordinary experience of jazz in-the-round. If you need assistance to get up into the Chancel, please arrive at least five minutes early; wheel chair lift is available. No charge (free will offering taken) and no reservations required. Childcare provided. Join us for an extraordinary celebration of joy, energy and liberation. For more information, call 626.583.2725 (Monday—Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) or email@example.com.
Upcoming Jazz Vespers:
- February 16, 2014—Kamasi Washington: more information from our flyer or his website
- March 16, 2014—Russell Ferrante: more information from his website
- May 25, 2014—Dwight Trible: more information from our flyer or his website
- June 29, 2014—Left Side Sax Alliance: more information from our flyer or the quartet's website
- July 20, 2014—Carol Welsman: more information from her website